Thanks so much for making a booking, we are really looking forward to meeting/seeing you!
In preparation you for your upcoming appointment, please ensure you read through the below do's and do not's. The information contained below is important and it's imperative you read through this information now, prior to your appointment.
Health & Safety:
To ensure you are suitable for your permanent makeup treatment please read below regarding medications, pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Pregnant women cannot have any permanent makeup treatments completed.
- Breastfeeding is okay, provided you are able to "pump & dump" for 48 hours following the procedure.
- Oral Vitamin A, known under different trading names (such as isotane, roaccutane, doxycycline), to treat Acne, you cannot be taking these medications leading up to, during or after you have had a treatment done, please contact the salon to discuss the requirements.
- Blood thinning & Photosensitive medications need to be discussed with your therapist in advance of your appointment.
- If you have Diabetes, High or Low blood pressure, Thyroid condition you must discuss with your therapist in advance of your appointment.
- No antibiotics can be taken within a month of your appointment
- If you are diagnosed with a body dysmorphic or obsessive compulsive disorder you must speak with your therapist before the day of the appointment to assess your suitability for the treatment, perfection is not an option when it comes to Permanent Makeup, if you think you might feel stressed by imperfection its best we talk it out to make sure it is right for you.
- Fish oils thin the blood, please stop taking these 14 days prior to your permanent makeup treatment to avoid a blurry result.
- If you are booked in for Nano Lip Contour and you have ever had a coldsore before, you MUST take lysine for 1 month prior to your appointment to reduce the risk of an outbreak.
- Lash Extensions must be removed at least 48 hours prior to any Nano Lash Line appointment.
- No caffeine or anti-inflammatories such as Ibuprofen 24 hours prior to any permanent makeup treatment.
- Evening primrose oil and fish oil to be avoided for 14 days prior
- Please avoid any invasive skin treatments such as dermaplaning, skin needling, IPL/laser for 6 weeks prior to your appointment.
The above medications & conditions may not necessarily prevent you from having the treatment done, however they are going to help your therapist ensure she uses the right approach in order to get you the best result.
Botox & Dermal Fillers
Botox & Dermal filler treatments need to be timed no sooner than 14 days before or after your planned Permanent Makeup treatments to ensure a correctly balanced result.
To ensure an enjoyable treatment for all clients, we ask that you please do not bring any friends, family and children with you to your appointment. Our reception & treatment areas can't accommodate groups, however Cityworks Depot is home to lots of lovely food outlets should you wish to hang out with friends and family during your numbing time.
There is a $10 cancellation fee for any cancelled appointments. If for any of the reasons above you do not meet the criteria to undergo your scheduled permanent makeup treatment, you do not show up for your appointment, or you are more than 15minutes late to your appointment we reserve the right in any instance to void your $100 Security Deposit as payment for lost time. We aren't meanies though, so if something pops up please let us know as soon as you're able as we will likely be able to fill your appointment for you.
What to expect on the day
We numb you using a topical Anaesthetic & have you fill out our medical disclosure form. Depending on your area the numbing time can be as little as 30 minutes, and at most 60 minutes. You'll hang out in our waiting area, with a magazine or two during this time & once your nice and numb you'll start the consult process with your therapist. Once the plan is decided you will go have your treatment done, these treatments are at worst mildly uncomfortable so there is nothing to be nervous about.
Location & Parking
We are located in a Complex called Cityworks Depot, which is in Auckland City between Sale, Cook & Wellesley street. For those of you who don't know where we are we think 18 Sale Street, Auckland 1010 is the easiest address to use in google maps. Ensure you include the post code or you may end up in Howick which is around 45 minutes drive from where we are. Once you arrive at 18 Sale street, you will see "GATE S" and we are located in that carpark. Parking is pay & Display at $4 per hour, please ensure you park only in carparks that are white, without reserved signage to avoid a nasty $65 parking ticket! Payment for parking can be made by debit card, credit card or coins at any of the pay stations within the complex. We often can't offer cash out, so please try to arrange for this prior to attending on the day.
Enclosed in your aftercare pack you'll find some healing cream, we want you to treat these babies well so please apply a light coat of aftercare cream to the brows, once in the morning and once in the evening unless otherwise instructed by your therapist. You must apply the cream twice daily for 7 days for good healed results. Hold onto this care kit as you'll need it for subsequent treatments. You may notice your new brows go darker overnight, and then will lighten up to 80% over the coming weeks, this is completely normal. If you get any scabs it can be a sign you aren't using enough aftercare, so please up your application & don't pick. For the very best result we want you to avoid brow makeup, sweating, swimming & long periods of sun exposure for the 7 healing days. Keep skin temperature as stable as possible. Cleanse face using face cloth - avoid direct water contact and contact with other surfactants. During healing & long term you'll need to avoid active skincare on the area, this will fade your brow and blur your result, check your products for Acids/peroxides, Vitamins A & C, Retinol, Enzymes and other resurfacing agents.
Nano Lash Line
In your care kit you'll find some healing cream for your crisp new lash line. Apply this cream 2-3 times a day, to ensure the tattoo remains slightly moist. You will need this care kit for subsequent treatments, so please do not throw it out. You may experience a small amount of crusting amongst the lashes, please do not pick this at all as you'll lift the colour. It is common for eyes to swell slightly for up to 5 days after the treatment. For the very best result we want you to avoid makeup on the area, sweating, swimming & long periods of sun exposure for the 5 healing days. During healing & Long term you'll need to avoid active skincare on the area, this will fade your Lash Line and blur your result, check your products for Acids/peroxides, Vitamins A & C, Retinol, Enzymes and other resurfacing agents.
Nano Lip Contour
Proper healing is crucial to a great result with Nano Lip Contour. In your care kit you'll find some healing cream, this must be worn at all time for the 5 days following your lip procedure. Please hold onto this care kit as you will need it for subsequent treatments. We recommend you apply your healing cream a minimum of 5 times a day for the best colour retention. It is normal for lips to fade 50% in the first 3 days, while healing they may look spotty or uneven. For the very best result we want you to avoid lipstick or lipgloss, sweating, swimming & long periods of sun exposure for the 5 healing days. During healing & long term you'll need to avoid active skincare on the area, this will fade and blur your result, check your products for Acids/peroxides, Vitamins A & C, Retinol, Enzymes and other resurfacing agents.
Britney, Rebecca & The Team at Lash Noir Ink xx